This class will be held via Zoom online. A link to the class will be sent to you 2-3 days before class.
The class kit you will receive includes:
- gel plate 4"x5"
(Larger plates can be cut down to this size.)
- acrylic paints: 4-6 colors, the kind that comes out of a tube (non-liquid)
- set of 12 blank cards and envelopes
A2 size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" folded
- large-eye needle
- 25" linen thread
Can substitute embroidery thread
or double-threaded regular sewing thread
If you are purchasing supplies on your own, please gather/purchase the items listed above.
Additional supplies all participants should gather:
- 4-5 leaves (can be picked on day of class, do not need to be pressed)
- metal ruler
- scissors OR craft knife/cutting mat
- 6 sheets 8-1/2 x 11" white text-weight paper
- several sheets of scrap paper
- flat objects like rubber bands or string
- card stock if you'd like to cut your own stencils
- bone folder
About your instructor:
Elaine G. Chu has taught students of all ages in-person and online. Her work has been featured in "Greencraft" and "Somerset Studio" magazines as well as "1000 Artists’ Books." She co-authored "Wood Paper Scissors," a how-to crafts book. To view more art, go to EGChuHandcrafted.etsy.com and Instagram: @egchu1
What her students have said: "Elaine is a fantastic instructor. Her instructions are clear and easy to follow. Her demonstrations were wonderful. She is encouraging."